Are you worried that working all day in your office is damaging your health? Regardless of body type, fitness level or overall state of health, it’s hard on human health to sit all day.
And we are not just talking about office workers – anyone sitting all day is at risk. Couch potatoes, taxi drivers, truck drivers etc…
The American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR), has conducted research which shows that prolonged sitting raises several key indicators of cancer risk, has urged people to “make time for break time” throughout the workday. Getting away from the desk for even a short walk down the hallway every few hours can help, research shows.
Here are some tips to get started:
- Schedule your standing time to increments of 30 minutes, several times a day.
- Drink more water. The more water you drink, the more often you will need to get up and use the bathroom.
- Conduct stand-up meetings.
- Instead of emailing your coworkers, communicate face-to-face.
- A standing workstation does not have to be expensive. Books can be used to raise the monitor to eye-level. Once you see how employees react to standing more frequently, you can establish an overall workstation design plan to purchase or update equipment.
Suffering from high blood pressure? Diabetes?
Want to have more energy? Reduce back and neck pain and in fatigue? Burn more calories? Be more productive, healthier and live longer?
Make the switch today!